While you can make sure to mark your calendars now, this doesn't tell us more than we knew months ago when the city announced it was making Sunday Streets permanent. It turns out they added two, one through the Western Addition and one through the TL. The routes for these dates have not yet been announced yet, but organizers have hinted previously that they would touch Civic Center Plaza and use the wide open space there.
- March 14: Embarcadero, starting at Fisherman’s Wharf and PIER 39, south to China Basin and Terry Francois Blvd.
- April 11: Along the Great Highway, coinciding with World Health Day's “1,000 Cities, 1,000 Lives” international event, as one of thousands of cities hosting simultaneous car-free events worldwide.
- April 18: Bayview, along 3rd Street from King and 4th (Caltrain Station) to Bayview Playground.
- May 23: Bayview, in conjunction with the 3rd Street Corridor Project and Bayview Merchant’s Association’s “3rd Street Festival.”
- June 20: Mission, along Valencia and 24th Streets.
- July 11: Mission.
- August 22: Great Highway/Golden Gate Park.
- September 19: NEW: Western Addition, exact location TBD.
- October 24: NEW Civic Center/Tenderloin, exact location TBD.
We can't depend on the Northeast Corridor
37 minutes ago