Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Quote of the Day

[Note: I apologize to anyone who has been looking for more meat in my posts recently. I've been very busy as of late, so I've made an effort to post more but shorter items relevant to the pedestrian experience. I hope to provide more in-depth content soon]
I do not believe that you guys scared everybody out of Oakland's parking spaces, I believe [Grand Lake Theater owner] Alan Michaan did by getting on the 6 o'clock news and telling everyone to be terrified of parking in Oakland. One of you ought to scold him for the level of invective he brought out here. You guys were accused of extortion for raising the fee from $1.50 to $2, but you were accused of extortion by a man who charges $3 for a small coke. -Max Alstott, to the Oakland City Council at their October 6th meeting (via Streetsblog)

No comments: