Friday, January 16, 2009

Rare Moment of Clarity in Comical Photo Caption

This made me laugh out loud. From The Chronicle's article on the MTC dedicating funding to the BART Warm Spring extension:

I love it. All the more appropriate that it appeared one page after the ridiculous editorial against congestion pricing.

Let me pause to say I have been a full-price, 7-day a week home subscriber of the Chron for over four years, and I've been reading it every day since I was in high school. The quality of the paper has been dwindling for years, most drastically since it was bought by Hearst Corp. Pick up today's paper and choose an article at random. Chances are you won't find much difference between that article and 15 inches of "Dummy text goes here. Dummy text goes here."

An exception to the near universal mediocrity is the reporter who tends to cover Muni and other transportation stories, Rachel Gordon. Her stories are well-written and tend to provide more insight than is otherwise available in local media.

No comments: