Sunday, February 13, 2011

So Walk!

On the way home from Walk SF's Russian Hill walk, I stopped into a hardware store on Fourth Street.  The woman who checked me out seemed concerned by whether the small paper bag she handed me was easy enough to handle.  "It's okay," I said, "I'm only going a few stops on Muni."  That didn't seem to convince her, so I added, "I'm pretty tough."

"So walk!" She said.  "It's only a few stops."

Color me moded.  And my jacket was zipped up so she couldn't even see the I [walk] SF t-shirt I was wearing.  So I'm walking home.  It's only a couple of stops.

1 comment:

bathroom designs with pictures said...

Aw, this was a really great post. In theory I'd like to write like this also - taking time and real effort to make a good article... but what can I say... I procrastinate a lot and never seem to get something done.